Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday, August 18 2010


Private Function IsValidData() As Boolean
If Not IsPresent(txtMonthlyInvestment, "Monthly Investment") Then
Return False
End If
If Not IsDecimal(txtMonthlyInvestment, "Monthly Investment") Then
Return False
End If
If Not IsDecimal(txtMonthlyInvestment, "Monthly Investment") Then
Return Faslse
End If
If Not IsWithinRange(txtMonthlyInvestment, "MonthlyInvestment", 1, 1000) Then
Return False
End If


One of the things Anne Boehm shows us in her tutorials is how to use compound conditions in a single return statement, rather than use a series of simple if statements.

I've also been watching a series of videos that MIT provides for free online - right now I am watching Prof. Eric Grimson and Prof. John Guttag talk about computational thinking.

A big problem with all this I can tell is that I am ignorant of SQL server and terrified of databases, so I am going to try educating myself on SQL server.

No comments: